Tuesday, January 29, 2013

{Pantry Essentials}

Over the weekend I watched several episodes I had DVR'd of Pioneer Woman.  In one episode, she cooked an entire meal with items she had leftover in her pantry.  She went into detail of what essential items she keeps in her pantry to get her family through until they take a "big city" trip to stock up.  She inspired me for today's blog post.  When me and my hubs make our weekly grocery shopping trip, we have particular items that make the list each time.  My pantry essentials aren't anything like the Pioneer Woman's, they're much more figure friendly.  Check it out!

{Mrs. Munana's Pantry Essentials}

1.  Apples.  Perfect as a snack on the go.  {0 WW Pts}
2.  Onions.  I use them in almost every dish. {0 WW Pts}
3.  Oranges.  Hubby grabs one on his way to work, great as a snack!  {0 WW Pts}
4.  Bananas.  I eat one for breakfast almost every day! {0 WW Pts}
5.  Brussel Sprouts. I buy 2 packs at a time.  Check out previous posts for my recipe! {0 WW Pts}
6.  Celery.  Great as an on-the-go lunch/snack.  You can also saute as dinner side-dish! {0 WW Pts}
7.  Carrots.  Pack 'em with your celery.  Super healthy and yummy!  {0 WW Pts}
8.  Blackberries.  I can't get enough of these!  {0 WW Pts}
9.  Raspberries.  I'm obsessed with these too.  I eat these for lunch often. {0 WW Pts}
10. Hummus.  Sabra brand is my fave.  {5 WW Pts for 1/2 Cup}
11. Whole Wheat Bread.  Make a quick sammy or for b-fast as toast.{2 slices = 3 WW Pts}
12. Whole Wheat Pasta. Always comes in handy, quick dinner when paired w/ ground chicken and sauce.  {1 cup = 4 WW Pts}
13. Classico Pasta Sauce.  Great brand with lots of variety to choose from. {1/2 Cup = 1 WW Pt}
14. Country Crock, Light.  {1 Tbsp = 1 WW Pt}
15. Mini Wheat Cereal.  I bag these for a quick b-fast on the go, hubby does too. {5 pts per Serving}
16. Salsa.  Great as a snack with a few tortilla chips. {0 WW Pts}
17. Weight Watchers Cheese Wedges.  Great sub for anything you use with cheese. {1 WW Pt ea}
18. Laughing Cow Cream Cheese Wedges.  I put one on a bagel thin for breakfast {1 WW Pt ea}
19. Skim Milk.  {1 Cup = 2 WW Pts}
20. Cottage Cheese.  This is a must for my hubby, his favorite snack. {1 Cup = 5 WW Pts}
21. Low Fat Yogurt. Yoplait brand is my fave. {2 WW Pts ea}
22. Weight Watcher Ice Cream.  Guilt-free sweet treat. {WW Pts vary, shown on box}
23. Pickles, dill.  Great side dish for any meal, or a guilt-free snack. {0 WW Pts}
24. Ground Chicken/Ground Turkey.  {1 oz = 1 WW Pt}
25. Thin Sliced Turkey Luncheon Meat. {3 Slices = 1 WW Pt}
26. Canned Veggies. Buy 'em with no salt and season as you wish.  {0 WW Pts}
27. Bagel Thins.  Lots of variety to choose from! Great for bfast or use for sandwich {3 WW Pts ea}
28. Cream of Wheat.  Hubby loves this on the weekend. {1 cup = 3 WW Pts}
29. Turkey Bacon. Always have this handy for breakfasts with my hubs. {3 pcs = 1 WW Pt}
30.  Arugula/Spinach Mix.  Great for a salad or to slap on a sandwich/wrap. {0 WW Pts}
31. Broccoli.  Eat raw or can be cooked, super healthy veggie {0 WW Pts}
32. Cauliflower.  Can boil & mash up as a mashed potato sub or eat raw! {0 WW Pts}

Share some of your healthy pantry essentials with me!  I'm always looking for new ideas in the kitchen!

Xox,
Mrs. Munana

No comments:

Post a Comment