Friday, January 4, 2013

{Girl look at that body, I work out}

I will be completely honest and admit that I've never been one of those naturally athletic girls that played every sport in school growing up...or any sport for that matter. Running was never my thing, and I'm 5'2" so it's pretty obvious I didn't shoot hoops. I was a choir chick who made straight A's and lived in the middle of nowhere. {Pretty awesome, huh?} But now working out and being active is my new favorite hobby and stress reliever.

Working out was something I eased into, slowly.  My husband and I started by walking in the evenings several times per week.  It turned out to be a great opportunity for us to talk about our day and unwind together.  Eventually we grew tired of the same ol' scenery, so we branched out and started exploring more neighborhoods and cool areas around us, adding more miles onto our trip each time.  Soon, we built our way up to walking a trail by a local river and before we knew it, we were walking 8 miles together!  It's a great way to spend quality time together, and the calorie burning benefit ended up being an added bonus. 

Last year we signed up for the Full Moon 5K run in Tulsa.  We allowed ourselves a few months to train together and stay motivated.  Training was more challenging for me than my husband, but we accomplished it together with teamwork!  Let me just tell you, there is no greater feeling than running through the finish line of a 5K, hundreds of people cheering for you.  Ah, sweet success!  Now we're signed up for the Sweetheart 5K Run in February, a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day.  Training has already started for us!

Right after we completed the Full Moon 5K Run, 2012
 


My Workout Summary from my training sesh a few nights ago.  Thanks for the motivation, hubby!

I recommend working out at least 5 times per week.  Incorporate working out into your routine, at least for one hour.  I promise you, it'll get easier each time, and eventually you'll regret the days that you don't workout.  Now, my body craves it.  Motivate your significant other to join in with you, it'll make the schedule that much easier to adhere to, plus you'll have fun together, as a team. 

Try something new!  My husband and I joined a gym together.  Although we don't work out together every single time, he does show me how to operate new weight lifting machines, and we'll run together on the treadmill.  I enjoy taking hot vinyasa classes {aka hot yoga} and Zumba is my #1 workout love, I LOVE to dance.  If you enjoy your workout, you are more likely to stick to it. 

Listen, I'm not a workout pro---AT ALL.  My sister-in-law is, and she's a great inpsiration to me {Love ya, Pudd}.  But, one simple thing I can say is: {if you don't workout, you won't shed those pounds}.  That simple. 

Get off your ass and do something, anything. 

{Mrs. Munana's Top Ten Workout Tunes}:
1.  Ayy Ladies  {Travis Porter, ft. Tyga}
2.  Big Booty  {Ca$h Out}
3.  Drop It Low  {Kat Deluna}
4.  Fuego  {Pitbull}
5.  Girl On Fire  {Alicia Keys}
6.  Long Heels, Red Bottoms  {Trina}
7.  Scream & Shout  {Will.I.Am ft. Britney Spears}
8.  Boom {Snoop Dogg ft. T-Pain}
9.  Say Yeah {Wiz Khalifa}
10. Take It To Da House {Trick Daddy}

XoX,

Mrs. Munana






 

No comments:

Post a Comment