Thursday, January 17, 2013

{Dress of my Dreams}

One major boost for me to stay on track with the Weight Watchers program was shortly after I began my weight loss journey, Stephen proposed to me.  I knew it was time to really kick my butt into high gear so I could look amazing in my dream wedding dress.  I had a little less than 8 months to accomplish my weight loss goal, but I knew I could.  Of course, no girl can wait 5 or 6 months to go dress shopping, so immediately I went with one of my best friends {love ya, Courtney!}.  At that point, I had lost only about 8 lbs, but I was feeling pretty great about it and figured why not just "look".  Go figure I'd fall in LOVE with the very first dress I tried on.  But, I was hesitant.  If I had this much luck right off, then maybe there was an even better one out there?  Or maybe not.  What if this dress was gone by the time I made up my mind?  After going to several other dress shops with the help of my family and Stephen's family, we all agreed the first dress was "the one".  Then, I got the surprise of my life... Stephen's sister, Steph, paid for my dress!  What a sweet moment. 

So there was my dress, hanging in the closet waiting for our December wedding.  Seeing that purple garment bag in the closet every day was a constant reminder of what I was working towards.  I refused to look back on my wedding day photos and regret the way I looked.  As a bride, I wanted to feel beautiful on the inside and out.

8 months later and 25 pounds lost, along with having my dress altered IN, it was the moment I've waited for...our wedding day.  The dress fit perfectly, and in that moment all my hard work and perseverance had paid off.  It was a magical day filled with loving vows, tears, and a new beginning together as husband and wife.  It was all worth it. 

I hope my wedding dress story inspires you to create a goal for yourself...some sort of motivation to work towards.  Whether it be a special occasion or swimsuit season, doesn't matter.  Save that special date in your calendar or put an item of clothing in your closet where you can see it every day.  Remind yourself on a daily basis what you're going to accomplish and why it's important to you.  You can do it!

Xox, Mrs. Munana





No comments:

Post a Comment