Friday, January 18, 2013

{Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts}

A year ago, I didn't know much about brussel sprouts.  I can't recall my mom ever making them growing up.  Starting out, I was buying them frozen and boiling them in water because I really didn't know any other way to make them.  A sweet co-worker of mine encouraged me to buy them fresh and cook them.  I did some research and found this super simple recipe that is amazingly delish, healthy and oh-so hearty.  It can almost stand by itself as a main course!  Oh, and did I mention it's only 1 WW point!? I make this dish at least twice a week, and my husband raves over it!


{Roasted Brussel Sprouts}

1 or 2 cartons fresh Brussels
 
1 or 2 Tablespoon(s) or so of light butter, melted or EVOO
 
Few sprays of canola oil 
 
Dash of Salt
 
Dash of Pepper, to liking
 
Any other seasoning of choice. {I use a lemon-pepper seasoning & garlic powder}

 
{Directions}

Preheat oven to 400 degrees or so.  Cut the core off the bottom of the brussels, peel off first layer or so of the brussels, rinse, then cut in half. Spray baking sheet with canola oil {I put foil on my baking sheet for easier clean up}.  Place Brussels on the sheet and sprinkle with desired seasonings. Then pour oil or melted butter on them.  Use your hands to mix all together so they are evenly coated.  Place in the oven and bake or 20-25 minutes until golden brown.  

2 Servings, 1 WW Point Each Serving
 

 
 
Xox,
Mrs. Munana


No comments:

Post a Comment