Monday, January 7, 2013

{Crockpot Chicken}

I am obsessed with my crockpot, that's no secret. I have the easiest recipe to share with you today. All you need to do is throw a few veggies on the plate with this dish and dinner is complete! I cook this recipe ALL THE TIME. Oh, and did I mention, you only spend like $5?! Check it out...

Crockpot Chicken

1 Whole Chicken, defrosted and rinsed
1 onion, cut into thick chunks
Lemon, cut into slices
Seasonings of choice

Directions: Place rinsed chicken into crockpot. Shove onion chunks inside chicken. Place lemon slices gently under skin of chicken breast. Sprinkle top of chicken with desired seasonings. That's it! Let it cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, and you've got a healthy meal! {1 oz = 1 WW point, without skin}

{Note from Mrs. Munana}: No need to put water, beer, or any sort of liquid in with the chicken. Trust me, it creates its own juices fast and doesn't need it. Also, my personal seasonings of choice are: lemon pepper, garlic and salt. If I have a few leftover garlic cloves, sometimes I'll put those in the cavity or under the skin also.




No comments:

Post a Comment