Wednesday, January 2, 2013

{Cozy Winter Recipe}

I've been searching for a warm and comforting crock pot chili recipe that's Weight Watcher friendly. Too much to ask for? Nope!  I did some online research and found the perfect recipe. And after a tough workout at the gym on a cold winter evening, it's the perfect meal to come home to. Perfectly warm, ready to go, and most importantly "hubby approved". I serve this cozy chili with a few whole wheat crackers and a dash of hot sauce because I'm a spicy freak.

1 lb. Italian Turkey Sausage
15 oz can pinto beans, undrained
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with chilies, undrained
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with garlic and union, undrained
1 medium onion, uncooked, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper to taste

Remove turkey sausage from casing, break into small pieces with spoon, add remaining items all in slow cooker, cook for 7 1/2 hours on low. Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup, (8 WW Points Plus)

{Note from Mrs. Munana}: I recommend prepping the night before just to make it that much easier on you if you work in the morning. I pre-chop my onion and seal in a plastic bag in the fridge, and I de-case the turkey sausage in the same manner. Also, slow cooker liners are my best friend {can be found at Wal-Mart}.

XoX,
Mrs. Munana



No comments:

Post a Comment