Tuesday, March 19, 2013

{Oven Roasted Broccoli}

I try to incorporate veggies into my daily diet as much as possible.  Sometimes I get bored with the same ol' way I prepare veggies, whether it be steamed or raw.  My taste buds crave something different.  I ran across a new recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago {what would we do without the wonderful world of Pinterest, right?!}, and I knew I just had to try it.  Oven roasted broccoli.  Sounded strange to me, but also sounded too good to pass up.  I am a crispy freak, so the idea of one of my favorite veggies going from steamed to baked and crispy really caught my attention.  I've made this as a side dish for dinner and also a main course for lunch.  Oh and my hubby absolutely raves over it and doesn't want me to cook broccoli any other way!  It's super super easy to make, check it out!

{Oven Roasted Broccoli}

1 head of broccoli, rinsed & cut into pieces

1 Tbsp Olive Oil

Salt

Pepper

Garlic Powder

Other seasonings of choice {I am obsessed with "Wing It" seasoning mix}


{Directions}:  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  In a bowl, mix the broccoli pieces, olive oil and seasonings.  Spread out onto a baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy. 4 servings, 1 WW Pt each {The only points in the recipe come from the olive oil.  Can use less, if desired}

{Note from Mrs. Munana}:  As mentioned above, I use my new favorite seasoning called "Wing It" seasoning mix.  It's the perfect blend of seasoning with a kick of heat.  You can literally put it on everything!  It can be purchased at the Made in Oklahoma store on 41st street across the road from On the Border.




Xox,
Mrs. Munana





No comments:

Post a Comment