Friday, March 15, 2013

{Enduring the Move}

The past month has been absolute chaos for my hubby and me.  Our little family has been dealing with selling a home, packing up the contents of that home, and moving into a new place.  I've never been through the whole "selling a home" process, since my husband owned the home before we met.  It's a very difficult process I've learned.  In the last few days before closing, we were without a washer, dryer and our fridge.  That makes it very hard for a wife to keep up with things, and I felt so distraught not keeping our "schedule" of going to the gym every night then cooking our meals.  We caught ourselves going to eat somewhere quick, then being so stressed out and having no time, we skipped our workout.  Luckily, I didn't end up gaining any weight during this stressful process; however, I could tell it was taking a toll on my body.  I hated the way I was feeling during that chaotic month, but thank goodness the whole ordeal is finally over! 

This past month has really shown me how our bodies and minds react during those "stressful" moments.  I can see now how stressful times can result in sinking into bad habits again and the feeling of being overwhelmed can be physically exhausting.  I've realized the importance of keeping your mind sharp and your body well.  Looking back I now realize that during those weeks before closing, I wasn't drinking hardly any water during the day.  That alone affected me more than I realized.  Also, I was more exhausted than ever, and if I had just made time for a 30 minute workout at least, I know I would have felt better and it would have relieved some of that stress I was experiencing.  Ultimately, I lost focus of myself and let the outside world consume me, but now that I am reflecting back, I can learn from this and try to do better with future experiences.

We are now moved and settled on the 3rd floor of a new apartment complex, our home sweet home.  We strategically picked the third floor for a reason: leg workout each day going up and down the stairs.  Plus, if you saw our view from the third floor overlooking a huge pond and the Battlecreek golf course, you'd understand our other reasoning.  Last night was our first opportunity to explore our new surroundings on an evening walk.  The weather was too gorgeous to pass up.  It was exciting to check out the exquisite homes surrounding us, feeling the warm sun, and simply enjoy each others company.  It is by far one of my favorite activities to do with my husband.  A free date night together!

We all deal with imperfections and weaknesses, especially when the going gets tough.  I hope today's blog post helps to encourage and strengthen you in those moments when you feel weak.  We all have those moments, and it's okay.  We can learn and be bettered by them.

Home is where I am with you...


Xox,
Mrs. Munana

No comments:

Post a Comment