Thursday, September 5, 2013

{Scaling Back}

I weigh in once every few weeks at my local Weight Watchers.  Since I'm a Lifetime Member now, it's just a routine check-up to ensure I'm maintaining my weight loss.  I went in today on my lunch break as usual and stepped on the scale.  A lady working the counter behind me chimed in and said, "Girl, it doesn't matter what that scale says, because you look awesome!" 

She made my day. 

What a great reminder.  It's not all about a certain number on the scale.  It's about being healthy, happy and strong.  It's about loving yourself and what you see in the mirror, even if you aren't "there" yet.

I love that I can say I am no longer a slave to the scale.  I embrace who I am and celebrate how far I've come.  I'm not perfect, far from it.  I make mistakes daily and am constantly learning.  But my mistakes don't stop me or discourage me from keeping on my path of a healthy life. 

I walked out of my weigh-in today with a smile on my face not because of the number on the scale, but because of the fresh perspective I was given by a complete stranger.


 
 
Xox,
Mrs. Munana

No comments:

Post a Comment