Friday, September 6, 2013

{Gym Junkie}


I've got a confession to make.... I am a gym junkie! 
 
I love everything about the gym: the sweat, hard work, cardio, weight training, classes, the cute workout gear -- I love it all!  There was a period right after we moved where we had cancelled our gym membership at Lifetime Fitness simply due to distance.  After a month or so, I was desperately craving the gym.  I needed it.  I found a gym close by my work, Sky Fitness in Midtown Tulsa.  We signed up right away, and I'm hooked yet again.  I look forward to going to the gym, it's my stress relief and my second home.  I attend Zumba classes three days a week, plus a Hot Vinyasa class on Sundays.  I head to the gym right after work and stay for two hours.  Stephen is always by my side and before classes, we work on toning and weight training together.  He's been a great teacher, showing me new techniques and helping me tone my problem areas.  He is also my biggest motivator and supporter.  I am so thankful we are able to workout together, it's been a great bonding experience for us as a couple. 
 
Did you know that there's WAY more than just physical benefit of exercise?  As if the physical benefits aren't enticing enough....Exercise has been proven to reduce stress, boost happy chemicals, improve self-confidence, alleviate anxiety, boost brainpower, sharpen memory, helps control addiction, and increases relaxation. 
 
After a gym sesh, I feel empowered and unstoppable!  The high I get after a workout is the most incredible feeling.   
 
 
Stephen has been a great help teaching me the ropes on weight training!
 
I'm a sucker for russian twists!
 
 
 
 

 
 
With each passing day, I notice that my strength and endurance is building.  I never thought I'd be the girl who could do a yoga head stand (still working on perfecting it), be able to do push-ups, or have bicep muscles!  I'm learning more each day and am excited to see more results over time.  I am very thankful that I have a healthy and strong body that is able to try new things and push myself to new levels. 
 
Xox,
Mrs. Munana 
 
 



4 comments:

  1. I'm a fitness freak and gym junkie just like you, Jessie, so I understand how you feel about going to the gym and working out. There's something about using those equipment, completing each set and doing more difficult reps that really motivates you. If I had enough space at home, I'd probably build my own home gym so I'd have no reason to skip exercising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Greg! Good to hear that there are other "gym junkie" souls out there sharing a common bond with me Wishing you the best on your future gym adventures. Keep on working! :)

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more! My husband is my weight lifting trainer and we have been hitting it hard for a year now. I love the results and the bonding time that we have together. It's such a great hobby to have with your spouse! Not to mention, I'm addicted to the weights now. Always pushing for more weight to become stronger. Those good endorphins keep me coming back for more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kara, thanks for commenting! That's awesome your hubby is able to show you the ropes on weight lifting! I'm with you, I love weight training now and am no longer afraid to get in there with the guys and do my thing! :) Endorphins are my BFF! :)

      Delete