Friday, February 8, 2013

{Better Boozing}

I'm a girl who likes an occasional drink, whether it be a glass of wine, beer, or a yummy margarita at a Mexican joint.  On the Weight Watchers program, liquor can quickly drain your daily points allowance, so I learned to cut back....a lot.  I noticed that my weight loss was significantly boosted once I cut back on my liquor intake.  One trick that worked pretty well for me was telling myself that alcohol is off limits during the week.  Mentally knowing I could treat myself on the weekend really helped me stay on track.  To give you a visual, below is a list of some popular alcoholic beverages and the Weight Watchers points value they carry. 

Margarita {4 fl oz} = 9 WW Pts

Jack and Coke {6 fl oz} = 4 WW Pts

White Russian {4 fl oz} = 10 WW Pts

Pina Colada {9 fl oz} = 12 WW Pts

Long Island Ice Tea {8 fl oz} = 15 WW Pts

Mojito {6 fl oz} = 5 WW Pts

Beer, Regular {1 can/bottle} = 5 WW Pts

Beer, Light {1 can/bottle} = 4 WW Pts

Wine {5 fl oz} = 4 WW Pts

Champagne {5 fl oz} = 4 WW Pts

Vodka {1 fl oz} = 2 WW Pts

Tequila {1 fl oz} = 3 WW Pts


Gotta love a good ol' marg!
Weight Watcher's definition of a serving of wine wasn't what I thought a serving of wine should be.  In my world, a "glass of wine" is poured almost to the brim.  I was wrong. Very very wrong.  I challenge you to grab your measuring cups at home and pour 4 fluid ounces; it will give a visual guide for a TRUE serving size.  It's pretty shocking, or at least it was to me. 

Be mindful of your serving sizes and limit yourself when you drink.  You will shed those pounds fast!

Cheers to better boozing!

Xox,
Mrs. Munana

No comments:

Post a Comment